Tue, Oct 03|
Music Road Hotel and Convention Center
Instructor Methodology - Live (October 3, 2024)
This is the initial course required for both the EVOC/VKF/BBP Instructor I and Awareness/Operations Level Vehicle Rescue Instructor I courses.
Time & Location
Oct 03, 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Music Road Hotel and Convention Center, 303 Henderson Chapel Rd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, USA
About The Event
The Instructor Methodology Course is the initial course required to advance to both the EVOC/VKF/BBP Train the Trainer and Awareness/Operations Level Vehicle Rescue Courses. This course is designed to prepare the student for all the challenges instructors will face in the classroom and field environments. Concepts of adult learning, communication skills, instructor’s roles and responsibilities, teaching techniques, and the use of instructional materials are also subject areas included.
Webinar Requirements: Students must have a working microphone and speakers as this is an interactive course. Attendance will be tracked throughout the program and failure to participate will result in non-certification. This is an online-live instructor led program.
Course Length: 4 hours
Pre-requisites for a TARS Instructor: Please read the information below in its entirety prior to registering for this course. The following criteria have been set forth in order to become an instructor through TARS.
- Must have successfully completed the TARS Instructor Methodology Course
- Must provide a letter of recommendation signed by the head of their department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must provide a high school diploma, GED certificate, or college diploma
- Must be a member of an emergency service organization for a minimum of three years (does not have to be with the same agency consecutively).
- Must have current Certification in Basic First Aid, First Responder or higher medical level training and current CPR training
- Students shall have been certified in department level EVOC/VKF/BBP courses for EVOC/VKF/BBP Instructor or Awareness/Operations (Basic) Vehicle Extrication for Extrication Instructor within the last two years.
- EVOC/VKF/BBP Instructor candidates must possess and maintain a current motor vehicle operator’s license and the instructor candidate shall be required to submit a copy of his/her driving record not more than 30 days old at the time of registration. A copy of this record can be obtained through your local Driver’s Testing Station or online at https://www.tn.gov/safety/driver-services/mvr.html
- Any EVOC/VKF Instructor who has had their operator’s license revoked, suspended, or limited for ANY period of time shall immediately notify the State Training Coordinator and said instructor shall immediately cease teaching or participating in any/all EVOC/VKF classes until reviewed by the State Training Committee
- Proof of all prerequisites must be turned in to the TARS State office at the time of registration prior to being accepted into the EVOC/VKF/BBP Train the Trainer Course and/or the Awareness/Operations Vehicle Rescue Train the Trainer Course.
FAILURE TO TURN IN ALL PREREQUISITES TO THE STATE OFFICE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE CLASS, WILL CAUSE YOU TO BE DISMISSED FROM THE CLASS. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.
Required PPE: N/A
Location: Music Road Hotel and Convention Center, 303 Henderson Chapel Road, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Date(s): Tuesday October 3, 2023
Times: 1:30 pm- 5:30 pm EST
Instructor Methodology - Live
Sep 22, 5:00 PM
Online Training Ticket Price
PO Register (Click More Info)
Sep 22, 5:00 PM
Limit (1) one name per PO Registration...no exceptions! You may use the same PO on Multiple Registrations if needed. This registration will be confirmed by the State Office contacting your Department Training Officer or Chief for verification of payment prior to actual acceptance into the course.