Instructor I – EVOC/VKF/BBP Train the Trainer Course - Online
Time & Location
About The Event
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE MAY BE CONVERTED TO AN ONLINE TRAINING COURSE DUE TO THE COVID-19 THREAT AND RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE STATE OF TENNESSEE.
Instructor I – EVOC/VKF/BBP Train the Trainer Course
The Instructor I course for EVOC/VKF/BBP is designed to prepare a student to instruct the TARS basic squad level courses which include: Emergency Driving (EVOC/VFK) and Blood-borne Pathogens. Instructor’s roles and responsibilities, teaching techniques, the use of instructional materials, follow-up and certification paperwork are subject areas included. Program materials are included with student registration with one program furnished per department.
Course Length: 8 hours
Please email your pre-requisites to email@example.com or mail to: TARS State Office, 2906 Tazewell Pike, Suite B, Knoxville, TN 37918.
FAILURE TO TURN IN ALL PREREQUISITES TO THE STATE OFFICE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE CLASS, WILL CAUSE YOU TO BE DISMISSED FROM THE CLASS. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.
- Must have successfully completed the TARS Instructor Methodology Course
- Must provide a letter of recommendation signed by the head of their department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must provide a high school diploma, GED certificate, or college diploma
- Must be a member of an emergency service organization for a minimum of three years (does not have to be with the same agency consecutively).
- Must have current Certification in Basic First Aid, First Responder or higher medical level training and current CPR training
- Students shall have been certified in department level EVOC/VKF/BBP courses within the last two years.
- EVOC/VKF/BBP Instructor candidates must possess and maintain a current motor vehicle operator’s license and the instructor candidate shall be required to submit a copy of his/her driving record not more than 30 days old at the time of registration. A copy of this record can be obtained through your local Driver’s Testing Station or online at https://www.tn.gov/safety/driver-services/mvr.html
- Any EVOC/VKF Instructor who has had their operator’s license revoked, suspended, or limited for ANY period of time shall immediately notify the State Training Coordinator and said instructor shall immediately cease teaching or participating in any/all EVOC/VKF classes until reviewed by the State Training Committee
- Proof of all prerequisites must be turned in to the TARS State office at the time of registration prior to being accepted into the EVOC/VKF/BBP Train the Trainer Course.
Required PPE: N/A
Location: Online Webinar
Date(s): April 24, 2021
Times: Saturday 9:00 am- 5:00 pm EST