Sat, Apr 15|
Doubletree Hotel - Murfreesboro
Instructor I – EVOC/VKF/BBP Train the Trainer Course (April 15, 2023)
The Instructor I course for EVOC/VKF/BBP is designed to prepare a student to instruct the TARS basic squad level courses which include: Emergency Driving (EVOC/VFK) and Blood-borne Pathogens.
Time & Location
Apr 15, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CDT
Doubletree Hotel - Murfreesboro, 1850 Old Fort Pkwy, Murfreesboro, TN 37129, USA
About The Event
Instructor I – EVOC/VKF/BBP Train the Trainer Course
The Instructor I course for EVOC/VKF/BBP is designed to prepare a student to instruct the TARS basic squad level courses which include: Emergency Driving (EVOC/VFK) and Blood-borne Pathogens. Concepts of adult learning, communication skills, instructor’s roles and responsibilities, teaching techniques, and the use of instructional materials are also subject areas included. Program materials are included with student registration with one program furnished per department.
Course Length: 8 hours
Please email your pre-requisites to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: TARS State Office, 2906 Tazewell Pike, Suite C, Knoxville, TN 37918.
- Must have attended and provide proof of attending a TARS Instructor Methodology Course within the last two years if you are not currently a TARS Basic Vehicle Extrication Instructor.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation signed by the head of their department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must provide a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must be a member of an emergency organization for a minimum of three years.
- Students shall have been certified in department level EVOC/VKF/BBP courses within the last two years.
- Must have current Certification in Basic First Aid, First Responder or higher medical level training and current CPR training
- Must maintain a current motor vehicle operator’s license and the instructor candidate MUST submit a copy of his/her driving record that shall not be more than 30 days old at the time of registration. A copy of this record can be obtained through your local Driver’s Testing Station or online at https://apps.tn.gov/pmvr/
- Proof of all prerequisites must be turned in to the TARS State office at the time of registration.
- Any EVOC/VKF Instructor who has their operator’s license revoked, suspended, or limited for ANY period of time shall immediately notify the State Training Coordinator and said instructor shall immediately cease teaching or participating in any/all EVOC/VKF classes until reviewed by the State Training Committee
FAILURE TO TURN IN ALL PREREQUISITES TO THE STATE OFFICE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE CLASS, WILL CAUSE YOU TO BE DISMISSED FROM THE CLASS. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.
Required PPE: N/A
Location: Doubletree Hotel - Murfreesboro, 1850 Old Fort Pkwy, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Date(s): April 15, 2023
Times: Saturday 8 am- 5:00 pm CST
TARS Full Member: $150
TARS Assoc. Members: $200
Non-TARS Member: $250
TARS Full Unit Member
Full Member Ticket Price
TARS Associate Member Price
Associate Member Price
TARS Non Member
Become a member now
PO Register (Click More Info)
Limit (1) one name per PO Registration...no exceptions! You may use the same PO on Multiple Registrations if needed. This registration will be confirmed by the State Office contacting your Department Training Officer or Chief for verification of payment prior to actual acceptance into the course.