Sat, Mar 02|
PIGEON FORGE FD (MEETING ROOM B)
Instructor I – Basic Vehicle Extrication Train the Trainer Course 3/2-3/19
DESCRIPTION: The Instructor I Course is designed to enable the student to teach the TARS Awareness/Operations (Basic) Level Vehicle Extrication Course within their respective department or other department(s).
Time & Location
Mar 02, 2019, 8:00 AM – Mar 03, 2019, 5:00 PM
PIGEON FORGE FD (MEETING ROOM B), 3229 Rena St, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, USA
About The Event
Instructor I – Basic Vehicle Extrication Train the Trainer Course
The Instructor I Course is designed to enable the student to teach the TARS Awareness/Operations (Basic) Level Vehicle Extrication Course within their respective department or other department(s). Concepts of instructor methodology, communication skills, generations, instructor roles and responsibilities, teaching techniques, and the use of instructional materials are just a few of the topics covered. This course utilizes a mixture of field and classroom exercises to equip the instructor candidate with the tools necessary to educate the first-time vehicle rescue student, as well as, the seasoned veteran going through the recertification process.
Course Length: 16 hours
- Must provide a letter of recommendation signed by the head of their department.
- Must provide a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must be a member of an emergency organization for a minimum of three years.
- Students shall have been certified in squad level extrication courses within the last two years.
- Must have current Certification in Basic First Aid, First Responder or higher medical level training and current CPR training
- Shall have attended Advanced Extrication, Heavy Rescue, Farm/Machinery Rescue or Mass Transit Rescue within the last 4 years
- Proof of all prerequisites must be turned in to the TARS State office at the time of registration.
FAILURE TO TURN IN ALL PREREQUISITES TO THE STATE OFFICE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE CLASS, WILL CAUSE YOU TO BE DISMISSED FROM THE CLASS. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.
Required PPE: NFPA approved structural firefighting gear or extrication jumpsuit / technical rescue gear, helmet, secondary eye protection, leather type gloves or extrication type gloves, hard sole shoes preferably steel toe or any NFPA approved type boot.
Location: Pigeon Forge Fire Department, 3229 Rena Street, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 (Class will begin in Meeting Room B)
Date(s): March 2-3, 2019
Times: Saturday 8am-5:30 pm EST, Sunday 8 am-5 pm EST
TARS Full Unit Member: $135 per student
TARS Associate Member: $200 per student
Non-TARS Member: $250 per student
Note: All registrations received up to two weeks prior to the start date of the class will be at the normal pricing. Any registration received during the period two-week period prior to the start date of the course will incur an additional $20 processing fee regardless of member, associate member, or non-member registration.
TARS Full Unit Member
Full Member Ticket Price
TARS Associate Member Price
Associate Member Price
TARS Non Member
Become a member now
Registration by PO
This registration process has to be completed by the unit's Training Officer contacting the State Office for confirmation.