Sat, May 14|
Morristown Emergency & Rescue Squad
Basic Vehicle Extrication Train the Trainer Course (May 14-15, 2022)
DESCRIPTION: The Instructor I Course is designed to enable the student to teach the TARS Awareness/Operations (Basic) Level Vehicle Extrication Course within their respective department or other department(s).
Time & Location
May 14, 2022, 8:00 AM EDT – May 15, 2022, 5:30 PM EDT
Morristown Emergency & Rescue Squad, 420 N Jackson St, Morristown, TN 37814, USA
About The Event
Instructor I – Basic Vehicle Extrication Train the Trainer Course
The Instructor I Course is designed to enable the student to teach the TARS Awareness/Operations (Basic) Level Vehicle Extrication Course within their respective department or other department(s). Concepts of instructor methodology, communication skills, generations, instructor roles and responsibilities, teaching techniques, and the use of instructional materials are just a few of the topics covered. This course utilizes a mixture of field and classroom exercises to equip the instructor candidate with the tools necessary to educate the first-time vehicle rescue student, as well as, the seasoned veteran going through the recertification process.
Course Length: 16 hours
- Must have attended and provide proof of attending a TARS Instructor Methodology Course within the last two years if you are not currently a TARS EVOC/VKF/BBP Instructor.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation signed by the head of their department.
- Must provide a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must be a member of an emergency organization for a minimum of three years.
- Students shall have been certified in squad level extrication courses within the last two years.
- Must have current Certification in Basic First Aid, First Responder or higher medical level training and current CPR training
- Shall have attended Advanced Extrication, Heavy Rescue, Farm/Machinery Rescue or Mass Transit Rescue within the last 4 years
- Proof of all prerequisites must be turned in to the TARS State office at the time of registration.
FAILURE TO TURN IN ALL PREREQUISITES TO THE STATE OFFICE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION, WILL CAUSE YOU TO BE DISMISSED FROM THE CLASS. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.
Required PPE: NFPA approved structural firefighting gear or extrication jumpsuit / technical rescue gear, helmet, secondary eye protection, leather type gloves or extrication type gloves, hard sole shoes preferably steel toe or any NFPA approved type boot.
Location: Morristown Emergency & Rescue Squad, 420 N. Jackson St., Morristown, TN 37814, USA
Date(s): May 14-15, 2022
Times: Saturday 8am-5:30 pm EST, Sunday 8 am-5:30 pm EST
TARS Full Unit Member: $150 per student
TARS Associate Member: $200 per student
Non-TARS Member: $250 per student
Note: All registrations received up to two weeks prior to the start date of the class will be at the normal pricing. Any registration received during the period two-week period prior to the start date of the course will incur an additional $20 processing fee regardless of member, associate member, or non-member registration.